Saturday, February 09, 2008

text/image.

I've been really into documentary photography lately. I think there are some things a word can say that an image cannot. I think there are some things an image can say that a word cannot, and there are things texts/images can do together that neither of them can do alone.

I know, I know, not a stroke of genius, it seems fairly obvious...

Nan Goldin does an amazing job. Not only are her color photographs, breathtaking- the composition and use of color is something I aspire to. She says a lot with her photographs without using words at all. That's talent.





EE Cummings, hands down is one of the most inventive writers/poet I have ever read. Not only does he use simplicity in his favor, I always feel like I can relate to something he writes, on a literary level and personal level.





























together, something happens/changes... I wish I could read what Ed Templeton wrote on this photo.

No comments: